January 4, 2012
From the latest Construction Alert: some milestones nudged back; possibility for Atlantic Avenue median work to be done during the day, rather than at night
Atlantic Yards Report
The latest two-week Atlantic Yards Construction Alert, dated 1/2/12, was distributed yesterday by Empire State Development (after preparation by developer Forest City Ratner).
As I noted yesterday, there was no mention of the shutdown of the arena facade contractor, or any prediction of how that might affect facade work.
While there's continued progress in several areas, there are some issues to point out:
- work on raised medians along Atlantic Avenue may be performed during daylight hours, as opposed to previous plans to do so only at night (other night work has been noisy)
- completion of bollard placement has been nudged back from December to January
- some railyard drilling work has been nudged back a month
- some water main work has been nudged back a few weeks
- one Flatbush Avenue sidewalk may be temporarily impassible
Posted by eric at January 4, 2012 12:15 PM