December 6, 2011
From the latest Construction Alert: crane demobilized today; railyard flood lights on until 11 pm for second shift; union dispute re waterproofing of tank at arena
Atlantic Yards Report
The latest two-week Atlantic Yards Construction Alert, dated 12/5/11, was distributed yesterday by Empire State Development (after preparation by developer Forest City Ratner).
Such on-time distribution is rare--usually the document is a day or two late--but it's clear timeliness is important, because there are some significant changes beginning today.
- a large crane at the arena site will be demobilized on a second shift today, 3-11 pm, to be replaced by a smaller one
- the façade subcontractor resumed a second shift yesterday
- waterproofing of a storm water retention tank is suspended because of a union dispute
- railyard flood lights will not only be turned on at 6 am (though there are reports it's earlier) and from dusk to 7:30 pm as previous, but extended to to 11:00 pm, during double shifts
- a Utility contractor working on the corner of Vanderbilt Avenue and Dean Street has moved to a lot closer to Pacific Street "to help mitigate noise impacts to residents"
Posted by eric at December 6, 2011 12:04 PM