June 18, 2008
ATLANTIC YARDS RATNERVILLE CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
ATLANTIC YARDS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Weeks beginning June 16, 2008 and June 23, 2008
In an effort to keep the Atlantic Yards Community aware of upcoming construction activities, ESD and Forest City Ratner provide the following outline of anticipated upcoming construction activities.
Please note: the scope and nature of activities are subject to change based upon field conditions. All work has been approved by appropriate City and State agencies where required.
In addition to the activities described below noise attenuation and vibration monitoring measures are underway in connection with the Memorandum of Environmental Commitments dated 12/08/06.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our project Ombudsperson at: 212-803-3233 or AtlanticYards@empire.state.ny.us.
Long Island Rail Road/Vanderbilt Yard Work
- Continue excavation, testing tie-backs and installation of 2nd tier/cross lot bracing in Southeast Gas Station (block 1121, lot 47).
- Continue construction and debris removal from block 1121.
- Continue hauling soil from block 1121.
- Continue north foundation for cable bridge.
- Continue south foundation for cable bridge.
- Installation of temporary access ramp structure.
- Drill coffer dam piles at Carlton Avenue Bridge, Pacific Street elevation.
- Prep west abutment of trestle for concrete placement.
- Continue drilling trestle piles.
Abatement and Demolition Work
All work described below will comply with the additional oversight and protocols by the Department of Buildings (DOB) that were established on April 30, 2007.
- Demolition is underway at 800 Pacific Street (block 1129, lot 25) and will continue throughout this two week period.
- Demolition is complete at 642-646 Pacific Street (block 1127, lot 30).
- Demolition is complete at 640 Pacific Street (block 1127, lot 29).
- Demolition will begin at 195 Flatbush Avenue (block 1127, lot 1) within this two week period.
- Demolition will resume at 585 Dean Street (block 1129, lot 81) within this two week period.
All utility work scheduled to take place in Flatbush Avenue will only take place at night (between 10PM and 6AM) as mandated by DOT.
- The first of three phases of upgraded water and sewer installations is underway and is expected to continue through the end of the year. Work will continue on Dean Street between Flatbush and Sixth Avenues and on Sixth between Pacific and Dean Streets. Night time work began on Flatbush Avenue at Dean Street and continued north along Flatbush. Work is complete on a new sewer chamber on Dean Street near Flatbush.
- Transit ducts on Flatbush Avenue between Atlantic Avenue and Dean Street will be relocated. This work is expected to continue over the next three months. All work taking place in the sidewalk will occur during the day. Pedestrian walkways will be maintained.
Private Utility Work
The work described below is managed and contracted by the respective private utility companies, as indicated.
- ConEd will be installing conduits on Dean between Flatbush and 6th Avenues and working on a feeder at Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues.
- Verizon will be splicing cable on Pacific Street between Flatbush and 6th Avenues and at Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues.
- Time Warner Cable and Keyspan will be working at Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues.
Posted by eric at June 18, 2008 9:37 AM