September 25, 2007
ATLANTIC YARDS RATNERVILLE CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Atlantic Yards demolition block and lot map here.
ATLANTIC YARDS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Weeks beginning September 24, 2007 and October 1, 2007
In an effort to keep the
Atlantic YardsRatnerville Community aware of upcoming construction activities, ESD and Forest City Ratner are providing the following outline of anticipated upcoming construction activities.
Please note: the scope and nature of activities are subject to change based upon field conditions.
Long Island Rail Road/Vanderbilt Yard Work
- Mid-block piles: drilling is complete; excavating down a few feet then installing lagging.
- Drilling piles at Southeast Gas Station (block 1121, lot 47).
- Continue test piles for Temporary Train Trestle foundation piles.
- Test pits on Pacific Street between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues are complete.
- Mobilization to East Portal; preparation for drilling of piles.
- Mobilization to drill foundation piles for cable bridge (adjacent to 6th Avenue Bridge).
- Continue soil excavation and removal in block 1121 west to east.
- Continue construction and debris removal.
Abatement and Demolition Work
All work described below will comply with the additional oversight and protocols by the Department of Buildings (DOB) that were established on April 30th.
- Completion of the roof abatement at 800 Pacific Street (block 1129, lot 25) is underway with an anticipated duration of two-four weeks. Once all of the abatement is completed, demolition of the building will commence.
- Demolition at 546 Vanderbilt Avenue (block 1129, lot 54) will be underway for the next two–three months.
- Demolition is anticipated to be underway at 814 Pacific Street (block 1129, lot 45), 818 Pacific Street (block 1129, lot 46) and 542 Vanderbilt Avenue (block 1129, lot 50) within this two-week period. Abatement will be completed at 538 Vanderbilt Avenue (block 1129, lot 46) after a parapet is removed, per the instructions of the BEST Squad.
- Demolition is anticipated to be underway at 465 Dean Street (block 1127/lot 54) within this two-week period.
Posted by lumi at September 25, 2007 11:32 AM